Meeting Minutes

Design Committee Meeting Minutes - June

Thusday, June 13, 2018

Design Committee Meeting

Thusday, June 13, 2018

City Council Chambers

11:30 a.m.

 

Minutes

 

Call to order: Pierre Theriot, Chairman

 

Roll Call: Chelsea Tallo

 

Chris Bankston                     Absent

Roy Dufreche                                    Present

Kayla Morgan                       Present

Paul Murphy                         Absent

Tom Pistorius                        Present

Jeffrey Smith                         Absent

Pierre Theriot                        Present

 

Pierre Theriot called meeting to order.

Paul Murphy Enters

 

Old Business

 

  1. Approval of the minutes for the May 3, 2018 meeting.

     

    Tom Pistorius made a motion to approve the minutes for the May 3, 2018 meeting as written. Roy Dufreche seconded.

     

Chris Bankston                                    Absent

Roy Dufreche                          Yes

Kayla Morgan                         Yes

Paul Murphy                            Yes

Tom Pistorius                           Yes

Jeffrey Smith                           Absent

Pierre Theriot                          Yes

 

Motion carried.

 

  1. W. Morris Parking

    Chelsea briefed the committee on the projet. Originally, the city of Hammond approached the HDDD asking them to pay $85,000. The Board of Diretors agreed to pay $30,000, which was about one third of the project. Project plans were presented. The Committee noticed missing grates upon reviewing the specs. Chelsea would present this information to the city. 

     

  2. Bike Rack Competition

    Chelsea briefed the committee on the latest status of this project. Airport welders has beeen non responsive, so Olivia Graziano will call firestruck to set up a meeting. Pierre Theriot will provide contact information.

 

New Business

 

  1. Façade Grants
  1. 205 E. Thomas St.

     

    The Committee reviewed the application.

     

    Roy Dufreche made a motion to recommend that the DDD Board of the Directors grant 205 E. Thomas St. a façade grant in the amount of $2000. Tom Pistorius seconded.

     

Chris Bankston                                     Absent

Roy Dufreche                          Yes

Kayla Morgan                          Yes

Paul Murphy                            Yes

Tom Pistorius                           Yes

Jeffrey Smith                           Absent

Pierre Theriot                           Yes

 

  1. 220-2 E. Charles St.

     

    The Committee reviewed the application.

     

    Tom Pistorius made a motion to recommend that the DDD Board of the Directors grant 205 E. Thomas St. a façade grant in the amount of $2000. Paul Murphy seconded.

 

Chris Bankston                                     Absent

Roy Dufreche                          Yes

Kayla Morgan                          Yes

Paul Murphy                            Yes

Tom Pistorius                           Yes

Jeffrey Smith                           Absent

Pierre Theriot                           Yes

 

  1. Market Pavilion

    Pierre Theriot reminded the committee that a public meeting about the pavilion wil be held tonight. He expressed that the committee’s presence and support would be helpful. Tom Pistorius discussed the trees around the selected site and recapped a conversation about the slab work. Work to prep the tree could begin next week if the bid was accepted by the board at their next meeting. Minor details and logistics were discussed. Chelsea would meet with Whitney to ensure proper preparations were made so the work to begin. Roy Dufreche briefed the committee about the landscaping concept surrounding the pavilion. A ‘plaza’ concept was discussed where music, art, and permanent seating could occur. A center concept and greenery was discussed.

     

  2. Landscaping- Tree Guards

    Roy Dufreche briefed the Committee on the bids for the tree guards that could potentially be added to the current landscaping project. Gold Leaf LLCwas the low bidder at $12,160. This information would be addressed at next board meeting.

     

    -Adjournment

 

 

 

 

Previous Article Board of Directors Meeting Minutes - July
Next Article HFM Committee Meeting Minutes - July
Print

x