DDD Assistant Director Position Now Available
Job Title: Assistant Director
Opening Date/Time: Thurs. 12/26/19 2:00pm
Anticipated Hire Date: Jan/Feb 2020
Job Type: Full time
Pay type: Salary including benefits
Location: 2 W. Thomas St. Hammond, La 70401
Reports to: Executive Director / Board of Directors
Supervises: Hammond Farmers Market Committee, may supervise interns
To apply send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
The Hammond Downtown Development District is devoted to progressing and stimulating business development and diversity. We protect, unite and rejuvenate the district in order to benefit residents and local commerce; making Downtown a promising place to socialize, do business and call home.
The Hammond Downtown Development District is seeking a full-time professional, creative, and organized employee to hold the title of Assistant Director. Position will fulfill daily duties of DDD and handles the Hammond Farmers Market. Saturday mornings are required.
Examples of Work: (Illustrative Only)
- Organize and oversee Farmers Market every Saturday.
- Communicate with City of Hammond, Downtown business and property owners, visitors, Downtown partners, etc.
- Perform basic accounting including preparing check requests and deposits.
- Organize board and committee meeting logistics and facilitate communication, abide by all public meeting laws, prepare meeting minutes.
- Update DDD inventory including building, business and residential information.
- Research Downtown best practices and grant opportunities.
- Create projects independently that will benefit Downtown Hammond.
- Answer incoming calls, emails, social media messages and visitors.
- Year round event planning and implementation.
- Complete quarterly reporting for Louisiana Main Street and Cultural District.
- Get involved in the Hammond community to create lasting and useful connections.
- Perform office management duties including ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, and file management.
- Perform other office duties and daily tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
NOTE: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with Downtown Hammond and the DDD organization.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills, as well as strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate competence in Microsoft Office and Google programs. Graphic Design experience including the Adobe Suite is preferred but not required.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of advertising or marketing.
- Must be able to use various social media platforms effectively.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to carry, pull, and lift event equipment including tables, chairs & tents
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Strong organizational skills required.
- Possess basic analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and achieve results with moderate supervision.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions required. Able to handle frequently changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy.
- Must be able to work long hours during DDD major events including Hot August Night and Starry November Night.
- Must be able to engage and create concepts/projects with creative thinking skills.
DDD has high interest in candidates with the following experience:
- Communication/ Networking
- Public Relations/ Marketing/ Advertising
- Graphic Design
- Public Health
- Economic or Community Development
- Event Planning
- Public Administration
- Business Administration
Acceptable Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience preferred.
To apply send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hammond Downtown Development District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
BENEFITS ENJOYED BY THE HAMMOND DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT EMPLOYEES:
NOTE: The Hammond DDD is a quasi-governmental agency utilizing the City of Hammond benefit packages as described below as well as the human resources and accounting departments. All salary and benefits are paid for by the DDD. DDD employees are NOT City of Hammond employees.
CAFETERIA PLAN: The purpose of the Cafeteria Plan is to provide employees with an option for pretax deductions for insurance premiums and/or medical/childcare reimbursements. The Staffing and Benefits Administrator will be happy to discuss these benefits with you.
CREDIT UNION MEMBERSHIP: City employees are eligible for membership in La Capitol Federal Credit Union. Membership can enable you to borrow money at low interest rates, and/or open and maintain and IRA account.
DIRECT DEPOSIT: Through any Bank.
DISABILITY LEAVE OF ABSENCE: An approved disability leave may be granted for up to twelve (12) weeks in accordance with the Family and Medical Leave Act. Whenever possible, you are required to give (30) days or as much notice possible of your pending need for disability leave of absent. Please contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
GROUP TERM-LIFE INSURANCE: Regular full-time employees of this City are covered with a $30,000 Group Life Insurance policy. This insurance is payable in the event of your death from any cause, at any time or place, while you are insured. Payments will be made to the beneficiary, as designated by you. Refer to the literature provided by our insurance representative for details on your life insurance coverage.
HEALTH CARE/ HOSPITALIZATIN INSURANCE: The City may pay 100% of the premium for hospitalization coverage for regular full-time employee. The employee pays the premium for dependent coverage. Health Insurance coverage is fully described in the Coverage Summary booklet.
DENTAL INSURANCE: The City may pay 100% of the premium for dental coverage for regular full-time employee. The employee pays the premium for dependent coverage.
VISION INSURANCE: The City offers vision insurance; however, enrollment is voluntary and the cost of the premium is the responsibility of the employee. If an employee elects vision coverage, the premium will be deducted automatically from the employee's paycheck.
PAID HOLIDAYS: Regular full-time employees paid holiday pay in accordance with city policies and procedures for the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day (observed), Mardi Gras Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Presidential Election (every four years), Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and Day. Details are found in the Personnel Policies Manual.
PAID VACATION: Regular full-time employees are eligible for paid vacations. Employees serving in their Introductory Period, part-time, and/or temporary employees are not eligible for paid vacation. Details are found in the Personnel Policies Manual.
RETIREMENTS PLAN: City of Hammond regular full-time employees are eligible to participate in Police Municipal Employee Retirement System, Municipal Firefighter Retirement System, or Municipal Police Retirement System. Enrollment is mandatory at the time of hire. Temporary employees who anticipate working more than three months are required to enroll in the Plan. Details are found in the Personnel Policies Manual.
SERVICE AWARDS: The City honors its long- term employees by presenting service awards at an annual City function. Service awards are issued to employees who have completed 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 years of service.
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE: The City offers regular full-time employees additional insurance coverage from independent companies through payroll deductions. Details are available through the Human Resources Department.
LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE: The City may pay 100% of the premium for long-term disability insurance for regular full-time employee
SICK LEAVE: Regular full-time employees who have completed the introductory period are eligible for up to 12 days sick leave which may be used for person illness, doctor's appointments, or injury or illness not covered by worker's compensation with proper documentation.
UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION INSURANCE: The City pays the entire cost for these benefits.
WORKER'S COMPENSATION INSURANCE: As required by law, the City pays the premium for Worker's Compensation Insurance.