Job Title: Assistant Director
Opening Date/Time: Thurs. 12/26/19 2:00pm
Anticipated Hire Date: Jan/Feb 2020
Job Type: Full time
Pay type: Salary including benefits
Location: 2 W. Thomas St. Hammond, La 70401
Reports to: Executive Director / Board of Directors
Supervises: Hammond Farmers Market Committee, may supervise interns
To apply send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
The Hammond Downtown Development District is devoted to progressing and stimulating business development and diversity. We protect, unite and rejuvenate the district in order to benefit residents and local commerce; making Downtown a promising place to socialize, do business and call home.
The Hammond Downtown Development District is seeking a full-time professional, creative, and organized employee to hold the title of Assistant Director. Position will fulfill daily duties of DDD and handles the Hammond Farmers Market. Saturday mornings are required.
Examples of Work: (Illustrative Only)
- Organize and oversee Farmers Market every Saturday.
- Communicate with City of Hammond, Downtown business and property owners, visitors, Downtown partners, etc.
- Perform basic accounting including preparing check requests and deposits.
- Organize board and committee meeting logistics and facilitate communication, abide by all public meeting laws, prepare meeting minutes.
- Update DDD inventory including building, business and residential information.
- Research Downtown best practices and grant opportunities.
- Create projects independently that will benefit Downtown Hammond.
- Answer incoming calls, emails, social media messages and visitors.
- Year round event planning and implementation.
- Complete quarterly reporting for Louisiana Main Street and Cultural District.
- Get involved in the Hammond community to create lasting and useful connections.
- Perform office management duties including ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, and file management.
- Perform other office duties and daily tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
NOTE: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with Downtown Hammond and the DDD organization.