March 28, 2020: Market Update
We understand the need for fresh grocery items during these uncertain times.
But we also understand the importance of promoting and preserving the health and safety of our community.
With this in mind, here are our plans for the Hammond Farmers Market this Saturday, March 28th:
- Operating hours are now from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM.
- ONLY vendors selling fresh produce, fish, meat, dairy, bread, plants, flowers and select packaged food options will vend at this time.
- This market is intended to be a "grab-n-go market" ONLY. Loitering is prohibited.
- All vendors will have pre-packaged items and boxed produce for easy grab-and-go.
- Vendors will be placed 6-10 feet apart.
- There will be ONE entrance and ONE exit to the market. Customers will enter, make their purchases, and exit the market.
- We encourage customers to stay a safe distance apart.
- Only ONE customer per vendor at a time.
- Before entering the market, customers MUST use the marked hand-sanitizing stations. There are also hand-washing stations available in the DDD office.
- There will be no public seating or samples.
- As always, all customers or vendors who feel sick should NOT attend the market.
Many of our vendors are taking orders online or via their social media pages.
If there is a vendor you would like to purchase from, the DDD is happy to help you get in contact with them.
Please direct message us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hammond Downtown Development District & Hammond Farmers Market
Visit the Hammond Farmers Market!
At the Market, there's something everyone can enjoy! Stop by with the family, and stock up on some fresh items and timeless favorites. Keep up with us online for weekly updates and vendor line ups!
Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @HammondMarket
Vend With Us!
The Hammond Farmers Market is a collaboration of local micro-businesses that promote healthy living and love for the arts in our community. Before becoming a part of the Hammond Farmers Market family, all those intertested must fill out an application. Not all products qualify for sale at the Farmers Market, only those products that meet our mission statement. Be sure to read the full guidelines before applying.
Guidelines and New Vendor Application
Resources for Current Vendors
Applications can be mailed or walked into the DDD office along with the $15 application fee. Please read this paperwork in its entire before applying!
All HFM vendors are requried by law to collect local sales tax. If you are applying for the Farmers Market, please do not apply for a Tangipahoa Parish tax identification number until you have been approved to vend by the Hammond Farmers Market manager.
All HFM vendors that are approved to vend by the Hammond Farmers Market manager must submit formally sumbit changes to their product information/product offerings prior to making changes to their table.
Market Manager, Hammond Farmers Market
p: (985)277-5682 a: #2 West Thomas, Hammond, LA 70401