We're all in this together. Through this trying time, the DDD is here to help businesses understand and adapt to the changes in the marketplace. We're constantly researching loans, grants, and best business practices. We understand that the flood of information can be overwhelming. Below are the resources we've shared so far. This list is being updated daily.
- Revolving Loans: DDD offers Downtown businesses loans of up to $75,000.
- Facade Grants: Taking this time off to update your business? The Facade grant could be for you.
- The DDD WILL NOT have a board meeting or any committee meeting in April.
Unique Small Business Opportunities:
- Kabbage: Get set up to sell gift cards safely online.
- MainVest: A crowdfunding platform, announced its new Main Street Initiative: a $2,000, zero-interest, 120 day loan for restaurants or other brick and mortars affected by the shutdown.
- Opportunity Fund: Which specializes in money lending to small businesses owned by women, immigrants and people of color, is collaborating with investors and nonprofits to put together a coronavirus relief fund that will provide grants and low-interest rate loans.
- GoFundMe Small Business Relief: The Small Business Relief Initiative was started by GoFundMe to help small businesses that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and empower their communities to rally behind them. GoFundMe has partnered with Yelp, Intuit QuickBooks, GoDaddy, and Bill.com to provide small business owners with the financial support and resources needed to continue running their businesses during and after the coronavirus crisis. Supporters can donate to the Small Business Relief Fund, which will issue $500 matching grants to qualifying businesses that raise at least $500 on GoFundMe. More partners will be announced in relation to this initiative at a later date.
- ForTangi.com Submit your business hours for free!
CDC & Health Guidelines
Louisiana Economic Development:
- Louisiana Loan Guaranty Program: Governor Edwards has received commitments from banks and credit unions across the state that have agreed to help Louisiana’s small businesses recover from the COVID-19 crisis. Louisianian loans of no interest + no payments for the first 6 months. Interest rates of o more than 3.5%.
- Resources for impacted businesses
- LED Help Desk: For COVID-19 business questions, LED may be reached at LEDbiz@la.gov or via the toll-free hotline, (833) 457-0531. The COVID-19 hotline is staffed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday
Small Business Administration:
- SBA COVID-19 Resource Page
- Small Business Emergency Loan Checklist: Created by the U.S Chamber of Commerce
- Payment Protection Program: Designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on payroll by providing each small business a loan up to $10 million for payroll and certain other expenses. If all employees are kept on payroll for eight weeks, SBA will forgive the portion of the loans used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities. Up to 100 percent of the loan is forgivable.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance (EIDL): Provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million.. The loan advance up to $10,000 will provide economic relief to businesses quickly. Loan advanced funds will be made available within three days of a successful application, and this loan advance will not have to be repaid.
- SBA Debt Relief: Under this program the SBA will pay the principal and interest of new 7(a) loans issued prior to September 27, 2020. The SBA will also pay the principal and interest of current 7(a) loans for a period of six months.
- Express Bridge Loans: Allows small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 with less paperwork. If a small business has an urgent need for cash while waiting for decision and disbursement on Economic Injury Disaster Loan, they may qualify for an SBA Express Disaster Bridge Loan.
- National SBA hotline: 800-659-2955
Louisiana Workforce Commission & GNO
Grants for Artists & Entertainers